Computer restarts when waking from sleep mode

Grave0

Reputable
Nov 20, 2014
Hello, I always go to this site to solve small issues. This issue started a week ago. My computer would reset itself when waking up from sleep mode. After a couple of days of this I decided to restart my computer, then it stopped doing it. Later my computer would reset itself after being on the internet for 10min I did this a few times to confirm this. Then after looking into a few forums including this one it suggested that it may be a driver issue. I decided to look and see what drivers needed an update I noticed it was my NVIDIA driver that needed an update so when I went to update it my computer would reset halfway through the process. This happened 3 times. I then decided to reinstall windows 8.1 after looking into some forums. To my lack of luck halfway through the process it did it again. :??: Thus forcing me to delete my files on my SSD. When I reinstalled windows 8.1 everything was fine for a day. Soon after my computer would yet again restart after waking from sleep mode.

Custom built computer had it for around 5 months
- Windows 8.1
- Nvidia Geforce GTX 770
- 16 gigs of ram
- Corsair HX850 (power supply)
- Asus Z97-A (Motherboard)
- Intel 4770k (processor)

(Sorry for the bad grammar) and thank you for putting your time into reading this.

Grave0

Reputable
Nov 20, 2014

Thank you for the reply I have done exactly as you said but 4 hours later as I finished watching my show my computer just reset itself :(

I was exiting from full screen mode when it restarted.