[SOLVED] Computer running poorly after Power Outages

Dec 30, 2018
A couple of days ago, my power shut off three times in quick succession (about a minute or two inbetween) and ever since then, I've noticed poor performance in quite a few of my games. On top of that, every time I start my PC, I get a pop-up instead of Windows 10 starting saying there was an error accessing the boot drive, yet when I manually run the boot drive it loads up fine.

My specs are:
> GeForce GTX 1060 3gb
> AMD fx-8350 8-Core Processor
> 16 GB RAM
> Windows 10 64 bit

I tried running the Windows Repair, and after two hours nothing changed, as well as change the SATA port for my SSD Windows 10 is located on, but nothing's worked so far. Could my CPU and SSD have been damaged during the power outages?

Solution
Clear cmos if you're lucky that'll do it. If not, there maybe some sort of damage to any number of components, your psu, gpu, mb and cpu all may be compromised and you'll have to try and isolate where the problem is coming from. Sounds kind of like your storage drive may have been zapped
Clear cmos if you're lucky that'll do it. If not, there maybe some sort of damage to any number of components, your psu, gpu, mb and cpu all may be compromised and you'll have to try and isolate where the problem is coming from. Sounds kind of like your storage drive may have been zapped

Solution

TRENDING THREADS