Computer running slow

Speedmc33

Reputable
Apr 13, 2015
GTX 970
I7 4790K
16 GB RAM

My computer used to run extremely fast with games like league of legends, CSGO, GTA. But in the past 3 months or so my mouse has been lagging, YouTube videos lag, league runs at 30 fps (on lowest settings).

I'm starting to get into CAD (SOLIDWORKS) and I really want a computer that can run it well. Windows is update and I can't seem to find out what going on. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Edit: also worth noting that whenever I turn on the computer I get this blue screen Blue screen https://imgur.com/a/k1Tkd. The CPU/ Ram hovers between 1-30 percent while browsing. Not sure what causes the Chrome/ Youtube Lag.

dklims

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2015
Make sure to run some virus scanners and such. Also check your processes (Control + Shift + Escape) and look to see what is running in the background. My guess is you either have a virus or your harddrive my potentially be going.

Do you have a HDD or SSD harddrive?

dklims

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2015

On that note also check your power settings. You can push "Windows Key + X" and then select "power Settings"...make sure its on high performance which will allow your pc to use all cores / run at full speed.

Speedmc33

Reputable
Apr 13, 2015

I use Malwarebytes and CCleaner very often. I have a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO ssd and a 1TB WD Harddrive

Speedmc33

Reputable
Apr 13, 2015

I just set it to high performance, I'll let you know if it solves the issue. The lagging is very on/off and not continuous.