Question Computer Running with Fans on but the monitor doesn't show anything.

chadchad23

Prominent
Mar 26, 2020
Hey Everyone, I got a PC that has 8 Gigs of Ram, GTX 660 (non-ti), ASUS asus a68hm-e motherboard and A Nexen NEX-500LX PSU
When I open the PC, the fans starts running and my mice lights up, but there is no sign of Displays.
I tried cleaning the rams, I tried switching Hard-Drives, nothing worked. Is there any solutions to this?
Thanks
-R

chadchad23

Prominent
Mar 26, 2020
It's not a new build, my Father just gave it to me, he used it for 7 months working and didn't use it for about 1 year, the display cable is connected to my video card. Is the psu the problem? I tried cleaning the two 4 gigs ram with eraser and left no dust on it, i blew out the dust on the ram slot, and putted it again, i tried taking out the cmos battery and cleaning it for 5 minutes to reset the bios, and putted it again i tried putting off the video card and taking it on again. I tried tightening the display cable (dvi) but all of them has no luck . Could this be a psu issue? The motherboard's fan is spinning and the video card's fans is spinning, my mouse lights up and changes color for 20 seconds and becomes static color (red) but my keyboard doesn't light up, my display cable works on other computer's. Do I need to use HDMI to DVI cable or just buy a new PSU? Thanks!

Last edited:

chadchad23

Prominent
Mar 26, 2020
I had a GTX 660 TWIN FROZR and a ASUS-A68HM-E motherboard and a old psu NEXEN 500LX (500 WATTS)

I tried cleaning out the ram, doesn't work.
My monitor is brand new and the cables are new too, they work on other computers.
I tried cleaning out CMOS battery for 10 minutes, put it back, same results.
Changed the motherboard, same results.
Tried putting the DVI Cable on the motherboard, same results.
Could this be a PSU Problem or the Graphics Card problem?
The Graphics card is running with fans on silently.

The PSU works on old computers with GT 210 graphics card and a 11 year old motherboard and cpu.