Question Computer Runs like a Toaster After Upgrades

Monster98

Reputable
Jan 12, 2017
So I made a mistake and spilled water on my older peices, after upgrading them it fails to run the desired game i'm playing at anything higher than 60fps, Destiny 2 a game i played at 120 fps before these upgrades, after these upgrades i am stuck at anywhere from 20- 45 fps stable, originally my ram sticks were not running at the correct Mhz, (At 2133) we raised that to 2800 Mhz. We Were lost and after i reinstalled windows completely which didn't change anything. I'm lost and don't know what to do, Please Help
Specs:
Cpu: i7 7700k
Gpu: RTX 2070 Super
MoBo: asrock z270 tachi

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Please list all hardware. Also what hardware did you replace?

#1 common mistake, is the monitor plugged into the motherboard or the GPU. The motherboard will be the onboard Intel graphics.

Install all software drivers for the new hardware if you haven't. Don't rely on Windows to get you the correct drivers. Download directly from the vendor's websites.

Monster98

Reputable
Jan 12, 2017
Please list all hardware. Also what hardware did you replace?

#1 common mistake, is the monitor plugged into the motherboard or the GPU. The motherboard will be the onboard Intel graphics.

Install all software drivers for the new hardware if you haven't. Don't rely on Windows to get you the correct drivers. Download directly from the vendor's websites.
I am also Using 4 gskill trident z 8gb ram sticks
the parts i replaced is the motherboard and the graphics card, if there are any other peices of hardware you would need to know tell me and i will get it for you

I also had completely installed all drivers manually

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
All components. And be specific. Brand and model of memory doesn't really tell me what the memory speed should be. You say 2800Mhz, which is a very odd speed. Typically 2666, 2933, 3000, 3200. Though 2800Mhz kits certainly exist. 4x8GB kit, not ideal. First thing when troubleshooting, simplify the system, run with a single stick until the system performs as expected.

No mention of storage, shouldn't matter all that much to gaming performance, but if the drive is full, then there might be problems. SATA III or NVMe, I doubt you have enough hardware to run into PCIe lane issues, but how do I know you don't have 12 hard drives and every PCIe slot full...

Power supply is important, if it is undersized the GPU might be throttling.

CPU cooler is rather important, if the temperatures are getting too high, it will throttle. That would something you can check, with core temp or hardware monitor. Check the CPU frequency, is it reaching boost clocks, or is it stuck at a low frequency. Windows often defaults to a low power mode, check power options and set it to maximum performance during testing (switch it back to balanced when you get everything working if you so desire)

You did not answer the question regarding where the monitor is plugged in.

Starting with a damaged system, hard to say what could be wrong.

Monster98

Reputable
Jan 12, 2017
All components. And be specific. Brand and model of memory doesn't really tell me what the memory speed should be. You say 2800Mhz, which is a very odd speed. Typically 2666, 2933, 3000, 3200. Though 2800Mhz kits certainly exist. 4x8GB kit, not ideal. First thing when troubleshooting, simplify the system, run with a single stick until the system performs as expected.

No mention of storage, shouldn't matter all that much to gaming performance, but if the drive is full, then there might be problems. SATA III or NVMe, I doubt you have enough hardware to run into PCIe lane issues, but how do I know you don't have 12 hard drives and every PCIe slot full...

Power supply is important, if it is undersized the GPU might be throttling.

CPU cooler is rather important, if the temperatures are getting too high, it will throttle. That would something you can check, with core temp or hardware monitor. Check the CPU frequency, is it reaching boost clocks, or is it stuck at a low frequency. Windows often defaults to a low power mode, check power options and set it to maximum performance during testing (switch it back to balanced when you get everything working if you so desire)

You did not answer the question regarding where the monitor is plugged in.

Starting with a damaged system, hard to say what could be wrong.
So me and my friend have found the problem, i'm sorry for wasteing your time, it was cpu heat it is way to hot and that is what was messing it up