Computer Runs, No Display Shown. Hardware Problem?

AggresioN

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016
Ok so, I was playing World of Warcraft strolling around listening to my Spotify playlist when all of a sudden, a buzzing sound comes and then my screen freezes, goes black and becomes unresponsive. So I turned off my computer and turned it back on still nothing black screen, I plugged my monitor into both my GPU and motherboard and nothing on both. I had just overclocked my RAM to it's rated speed and my CPU last night. I had just built this computer 48 hours ago and it's my first build. I'm really disappointed right now and any help would be appreciated. Also I had noticed an orange light had come on after I looked at my computer, I don't know if this had been on all along or had just come on, anyway it's orange and is labeled "DRAM LED"
I'm running:
z170 Pro Gaming Aura
16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 mhz ram
Strix GTX 1080
Corsair RM850X
Samsung 960 EVO 250 gb
WD Black 1 TB

Solution
It sounds like a bad motherboard. Since it is this new, I recommend getting a replacement through the retailer as soon as possible. If you wait too long, you may have to go through Asus, and that is a really big PITA to do. (I know from experience.)

dgingeri

Distinguished
It sounds like a bad motherboard. Since it is this new, I recommend getting a replacement through the retailer as soon as possible. If you wait too long, you may have to go through Asus, and that is a really big PITA to do. (I know from experience.)

Solution

AggresioN

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016
Ok so as it turns it looks like it's the motherboard, umm I think I can see some bent cpu pins on the cpu socket and honestly I never noticed them when I installed the CPU, could this have caused the computer to randomly just stop making the RAM work thus making no display? Also how in the hell am I going to convince asus it happened during shipment, with it being my first build I was being so dead ass careful installing the cpu, even my damn palms were sweating while I did it. Any advice?