Computer says it's connected, but when I got to use chrome Firefox or anything needing WiFi it says it's not connected.

Nov 13, 2018
My computer says it's connected but it can't access WiFi except after I restart it, then it will for about a minute then it just stops. I've tried running malwarebytes, AVG, and CC Cleaner, non of that has worked. [Update] tried restarting my router, it didn't help, it can connect to the internet but only briefly after I restart the laptop then says there's no WiFi.

tejayd

Prominent
Mar 11, 2018
Hopefully you can find a solution. It is definitely possible for the wifi controller built into a laptop to go bad (has happened to me twice). You can always try a wifi usb. I cant really think of anything in the settings that would explain it.

If its windows 10 (I dont remember if you can on previous windows) , you can usually go to system maintenance and do a windows refresh or fresh install from there (Assuming your internet can work long enough or is able to run from ethernet cable). Or even if you had it backed up from an earlier date. It's kinda the long way to do things. But often it ends up easier than trying to trouble shoot everything. And if it's still messed up after that you can be almost certain it is a hardware problem.

TRENDING THREADS