Question Computer says no bootable device found but shows SDD/Hard drive in bios

Jul 5, 2024
Hello everyone, I have been unable to boot up my computer past bios for the last few days due to the boot sequence saying "No Bootable Device Found" but right next to that in the "Peripherals" in the bios it shows my current SSD and my old Hard Drive I plugged back in to see if that would work as backup.

I'll post a picture of the the bios and my computer specs.

This problem occurred when I went to turn on my computer a few days ago it said there was a boot error and the top option was to set the bios back to default settings. I chose this option and my computer went back to working after a few minutes and there was no problem . Then after a couple days I went to turn back on my computer and it goes immediately to my Gigabyte Bios page and says the "No Bootable Device Found" under Boot sequence.

I have tried reseating my 2 RAM sticks, plugging in my old Hard Drive that had been working previously (this Hard Drive has its own fully working Windows), and neither worked. I was able to use a SSD adapter with my laptop to extract my important school files and the laptop had no problem recognizing the SSD.

Any help is appreciated thank you so much.
Bios:
4B2T1mh.jpeg
Vt2Y8cC.jpeg

Computer Specs:
Processor: I5 13600KF
Graphics card: Zotac Gaming RTX 3060Ti Twin Edge
Ram: Lexar Ares 32GB DDR5
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X
SSD: Samsung 990 Pro 2TB

Again, Thank you so much!

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
If you don't see Windows Boot Manager in your list of bootable devices, then your OS has ended up being corrupt. If you've backed up all mission critical data off your OS drive, power down the system, disconnect all drives except the drive you wish to install the OS onto and then proceed to reinstall the OS after recreating your bootable UISB installer.

Now would also be a good segway to flash the BIOS to the latest version.

Jul 5, 2024
Thank you for the response. I have a USB with Windows 10 installer on it I have used before.
As you recommended, I used the Windows 10 installer USB on my old WD 4TB hard drive and was about to wipe and access the old hard drive without issue.
I was able to put the SSD into a adapter and extracted my important school files off of it using another laptop. But the issue is the Windows installer is not working for my SSD. All the options are greyed out and I am unable to click the "Next" button.
TFomgjS.jpeg
yOfvdTf.jpeg

Any help again is appreciated Thank you!

Jul 10, 2024
Have you tried enabling UEFI in the bios and then deleting the partition during the windows install process as shown on one of your images. You can then convert to a GPT partition and hopefully the windows install process will proceed.
Cheers