Question Computer Screen Goes Black + GPU Fan Spins Really Fast

Sep 24, 2019
So I have this weird problem regarding my whole computer I guess. At some point last night I was playing a game and then my monitor screen went black and the GPU Fans starts making a lot of noise while I can still hear the game and Youtube continuously playing at the background.

I decided to wait a while and the display never went back on so I forced a shutdown of the computer and then turned it on again.

This time around I monitored the temperatures and saw it normally hitting the 60 degrees for the GPU when playing Monster Hunter World and the CPU was around 47 degrees. It didn't go to black screen and stuff. So I decided to run Memtest for the GPU around a few times. It didn't go to the black screen as well. It did at one point though while the PC was idle and only a Youtube video was playing.

So I forced another shutdown, checked the connections inside the computer, power supply wires, RAM and stuff on the motherboard. Nothing out of the ordinary.

So I turned the computer on again and this time, just while watching some Youtube videos again, the monitor just turned green (whole screen was a monotone green) but the GPU fans are not spinning wildly this time.

So I turned on my PS4 to see if the monitor will detect it and it did, it showed normally. Tried it with my Nintendo Switch too and Xbox and it detects them normally.

So I just went to bed and decided to check the problem out this morning. Haven't encountered the problem yet while playing games but... I decided to open the side panel and it shook the computer a little and the screen goes black again with the GPU fans on full throttle.

So I'm asking for help on this problem on how I can fix it. Don't have any other computers in our house I can test the GPU on though...

Sep 24, 2019
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
Processor : Intel Core i7 6700k
Motherboard : Z170A Krait Gaming R6 Siege
Memory : 32GB Geil Super Luce 3600
GPU : Palit GTX 1070ti Super Jetstream
Storage : 2x Samsung SSD 750 EVO 250gb / Western Digital Scorpio Blue 2TB WD20SPZX
PSU : Corsair RMX850X 850watt 80+ Gold Fully Modular