[SOLVED] Computer Screen goes black while gaming

Oct 20, 2018
Hello, I have problem with my screen shutting off while gaming
I recently used my old CPU and old GPU for my gf brother, cause i updated both so i took another computer and put those in for him.
the problem is that while gaming the screen sometimes goes completely black and u can still hear the game, or sometimes it just restarts the computer.
I bought a 650W corsair PSU for his PC, and I know that its the right amount of wattage cause that's what I used in my setup before updating the GPU and CPU- only difference is mine is Antec.
I read here in the Forum and updated all my drivers and windows updates and still it happends randomly, sometimes 10 minutes into the game and sometimes an hour.
It's important to say that i have never experienced any faults with either CPU or GPU, not until trying to use it on his computer.
While the screen is going black- all fans are still working-both CPU and GPU as well as other fans.
It is really frustrating as I really cant find the problem and I worry about the hardware going bad from a sudden restart.
All help is appreciated

This is the setup:
PSU - Corsair VS650
CPU - Intel i5 3470
GPU - Nvidia Gigabyte 670 gtx
RAM - 2 sticks of 4GB 1333Mhz
System- Windows 10 64 bit up to date
Motherboard - DH77KC

Solution
use hardware info set it to logging and sensor see if the 12v rail is holding. on his older mb make sure it has the newest bios file.
Dec 2, 2019
I had the same problem. Turned it was just a Windows 10 Intel display update that hadn't automatically installed. In the System Manager I clicked on updates and security, check for updates and then install. The computer restarted and now the screen isn't going black.