Question Computer shows unreadable text and beeps once

Sep 6, 2021
After installing new thermal paste my dads 8 year old PC and while I was at it I also did a little bit of dust removal (with a vacuum). When I tried to boot The PC would just display unreadable text and beep a single time. After that the fans slowly start ramping up until I shut it down.

Here’s a photo of the unreadable text I mentioned before:
image0.jpg

So far I’ve tried:
Cleaning the cpu
Cleaning the cpu socket with a brush
Looking for bulging capacitors
Putting the ram in different slots, trying 1 ram-stick at a time

please help.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information about the pc. Can you please parse the specs to the system like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

if the system has aftermarket cooling on it, mention the make and model of the cooler as well.

I'm assuming that either the CPU cooler wasn't seated properly or that the CPU_FAN connector wasn't plugged in, or it was but on another header. It'd be a good idea to check and recheck all connectors to and from the motherboard.

Cleaning the cpu socket with a brush
Em...you shouldn't have done that! Inspect CPU socket for bent or broken pins, using a magnifying glass if your eyes are bad.

Sep 6, 2021
Don’t know the exact specs it’s a hp prebuilt from 2015 I believe.

CPU: i5
Ram: 8GB
SSD/HDD: 500gb SSD
GPU: intergrated

About cleaning the CPU I just googled how to clean cpu socket and did whatever the first video said because the comments seemed solid. Thankfully the socket doesn’t have any bent pins.

Cpu fan is plugged in and gets really loud on boot sometimes.