Computer shuddering Issues

Callum Willis

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
When i use my computer regardless of what usage it's at, out of the random it will shudder for 5 seconds then go back to normal, Its like my computer freezes for a short second and it repeats for like 5 seconds or more (not too long) but its quite frustrating specially when playing games, listening to music or watching movies. (This problem occurs like twice a day or more so its not constantly)

When this problem does occur my CPU usage goes up to 100%, RAM and Hard-Drive are fine they stay low percentage wise. I've checked for RAM issues and no problems have been addressed by my OS. I have a schedule for a defrag every month, I disk clean up as well every week or so. I tried removing files to see if it could be a virus of some sort but i can't find the problem.

Computer Specs:

CPU: I3 3220 3.30GHz
RAM: 8GB RAM
GPU: GTX 660 MSI 2GB
HDD: 500GB
Power supply: 500w

Anti Virus is windows defender.

Solution
I recently went into the Bios and changed the RAM settings mhz to auto from 1330hz(simalar) since then i havnt expirenced this problem since ive done that. so fingers cross it wont come again

Callum Willis

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
I recently went into the Bios and changed the RAM settings mhz to auto from 1330hz(simalar) since then i havnt expirenced this problem since ive done that. so fingers cross it wont come again

Solution