Computer Shut Down After Launching Some Games, Power Light Blinks and Unable to Turn Back On

Jonathan Wheeler

Reputable
May 1, 2015
So after I launch CS:GO or Battlefield 1 my computer just shuts down on its own. After it is shut down the power light blinks and the only way I can get to turn my PC back on is to toggle the power switch on the PSU and then hit the power button after it has stopped blinking from toggling the PSU on and off. Any ideas on hardware I need to replace? I am able to launch and play League of Legends perfectly fine, but those games have a problem with it.

EDIT: League of Legends also does not work.

Specs:
GPU
RAM x 24 GB
Motherboard
CPU
Power supply is a 600W Thermaltake

Solution
what are your temps?
it is probably your psu.
can you test with another psu or monitor your psu voltage with millimeter when gamin under heavy load?(only if you know how to)

sx57

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
what are your temps?
it is probably your psu.
can you test with another psu or monitor your psu voltage with millimeter when gamin under heavy load?(only if you know how to)

Solution

Jonathan Wheeler

Reputable
May 1, 2015

I have checked all temps and it doesn't seem to be that, cpu and gpu temps were like 32 and 29 degrees celcius

Jonathan Wheeler

Reputable
May 1, 2015

Don't have a spare to test with, but going to clean mine out and if it doesnt work buy and new one and if it doesn't work after that i can just return the one i bought.