[SOLVED] computer shut down and won’t turn back on

Omega-

Reputable
Jan 28, 2017
I spilled water on my keyboard earlier today and it wasn’t working properly so I unplugged it and was letting it dry. I had a spare keyboard so I tried plugging it in and the first time I plugged it in my pc didn’t recognize it. I tried plugging it in again and it was working but it was doing the EXACT same stuff my other keyboard was doing ( things like zooming in the webpage when I press the w key). I thought it was weird that it would do the exact weird stuff my other keyboard was doing , so I tried unplugging and plugging it back in and when I did that my computer shutdown and it won’t turn back on. I don’t think any water spilled onto the computer and it was running perfectly fine for about an hour after I spilled the water onto the keyboard. The motherboard light comes on when I have my pc plugged in. I tried doing the paper clip test for my psu and the fan wouldn’t turn on but I tried the test with another psu I have and it didn’t work with that one either. Idk if the paper clip I’m using is what’s not working or what. I’ve Also had problems turning my pc on before because my front panel USB ports are basically broken so it says it’s shutting down to prevent a surge. I did have some twisted parts in the ports but I straightened them all out so none are touching. Also, when I was plugging in the keyboard I was using the back panels. Idk if it’s possible my psu got fried somehow or what but I’d really appreciate any advice.

Solution
every time I spilled water on my keyboard there was a chance it would get fried.
You spill quite often?

Yes you motherboard needs to be on standoffs. Install standoffs exactly where the motherboard holes are. Make sure there is no other standoffs touching the motherboard that shouldn't be.
Purge the power that is in the MB resistors.
  • Turn off PC
  • Turn off and unplug your PSU
  • Press the power button on the front of your case a couple times

Reset your CMOS battery (try 5 minutes)

Plug everything back in and try the keyboard that is not water damaged.

Omega-

Reputable
Jan 28, 2017
Purge the power that is in the MB resistors.
  • Turn off PC
  • Turn off and unplug your PSU
  • Press the power button on the front of your case a couple times
Reset your CMOS battery (try 5 minutes)

Plug everything back in and try the keyboard that is not water damaged.
So I reset the cmos battery and plugged everything back in and it’s still not turning on.

Omega-

Reputable
Jan 28, 2017
That's telling me that the MOBO is fine and the PSU is fine since the MOBO is getting power. Have you tried turning it on using a paperclip or something on the power switch connector of the MOBO? Disconnect the case connectors from the mobo.
Tried using a paper clip and it didn’t turn on

Omega-

Reputable
Jan 28, 2017
So I fried my motherboard and probably my cpu because I installed my motherboard wrong. I had the motherboard directly touching the case instead of having the pins in between so every time I spilled water on my keyboard there was a chance it would get fried. Don't know how I missed that when installing the motherboard but it lasted me 3 years so guess I got lucky.