[SOLVED] Computer shuts down while gaming & screen disappears when touching case?

Mohawmmad

Prominent
Aug 11, 2019
Hello,

1st PROBLEM:
Really frustrated over here and trying to get some help.
When i'm playing csgo for long time or Heavy games such a Metro Exodus or Mafia Definitive Edition for an hour (Medium Graphic Settings), or Heaven Benchmark, it will randomly (and without warning) completely shut down the entire computer.
It doesn't happen immediately when launching Games, depended on Game and the time i'm playing. No predictability to it.
I have updated all the drivers (Ryzen Master,AMD Radeon, Bios, Windows, etc.)
I've tried to turn off all of the RGB to avoid heat in case, and I opened case panel/door due to no cooling system

I've recorded my PC stats before shut down via MSI Afterburner [Image] while I was playing Mafia Definitive Edition
when it shutdown I can turn it on if I unplug the PSU cable and turn off PSU for a minute ! otherwise it won't turn on
PC shut down quicker if I turn on AMD Instant Replay for Youtube game highlights and the point is I've worked with Adobe Premier but didn't experience any shutdown while exporting !
I didn't assemble myself and i'm not sure that my CPU is OC or not ?!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd PROBLEM
Sometimes when i touch my case like the top of it, the screen will disappear and I need to restart my Computer (Can hear sound through my headphone but no SCREEN)
I've had this problem with my previous monitor and current monitor (upgrade from 60Hz to 144hz)
previous: Samsung SyncMaster 2233SN
now: BenQ XL2411P 144Hz

Any thoughts or similar experience help would be greatly appreciated!

PC specs
CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
GPU : Radeon RX VEGA 56 GAMING OC 8GB
MOTHERBOARD : Asus TUF B450-PLUS GAMING
RAM : GeIL Super Lucier RGB SYNC (DDR4-3000Mhz) 16 GB
SSD : XPG SX6000 Lite 256 GB M.2-2280 NVME
HDD : Hitachi Deskstar 500 GB 3.5" 7200RPM
CASE : Cooler Master CM 590 III ATX Mid Tower
POWER : Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
HEADPHONES : Logitech G230
MOUSE : A4Tech OP-540NU
KEYBOARD : Beyond BK-2350

Last edited:
Solution

If you're not having any issues with CPU or GPU cooling or overheating and not overclcocking then problems with CTD or BSOD's after a long gaming session can frequently be attributed to bad GPU drivers or corrupted installs. Completely uninstall the driver and clean up using DDU, then re-install the latest driver from AMD.

But the problem with the system rebooting when you touch the case points to a wireing problem, possibly a missing ground in the three-wire connector at the mains connection. One thing you can try is attaching a wire from a case screw to a grounded metal object, something like a metal water pipe usually works well for that...

If you're not having any issues with CPU or GPU cooling or overheating and not overclcocking then problems with CTD or BSOD's after a long gaming session can frequently be attributed to bad GPU drivers or corrupted installs. Completely uninstall the driver and clean up using DDU, then re-install the latest driver from AMD.

But the problem with the system rebooting when you touch the case points to a wireing problem, possibly a missing ground in the three-wire connector at the mains connection. One thing you can try is attaching a wire from a case screw to a grounded metal object, something like a metal water pipe usually works well for that. If that's it the missing ground wire can also create a safety hazard in the home. You should have an electrician look at it.

Solution

Mohawmmad

Prominent
Aug 11, 2019
There is no CTD or BSOD just full shut down and as i mentioned "when it shutdown I must unplug the PSU cable and turn off PSU for a minute otherwise it won't turn on"
don't you think 650W is too little?

There is no CTD or BSOD just full shut down and as i mentioned "when it shutdown I must unplug the PSU cable and turn off PSU for a minute otherwise it won't turn on"
don't you think 650W is too little?
BSOD = Black Screen Of Death too...shutdown.

Touching the case suggests a ground loop or introducing an ESD event to the system. Neither are things a properly grounded metal case would allow.

I'm running a 3700X and a 5700XT on an RM650 and it's just fine. If your PSU isn't defective I think it should also be fine, but then the PSU guru's may not like that particular model so what do I know.

Mohawmmad

Prominent
Aug 11, 2019

But the problem with the system rebooting when you touch the case points to a wireing problem, possibly a missing ground in the three-wire connector at the mains connection. One thing you can try is attaching a wire from a case screw to a grounded metal object, something like a metal water pipe usually works well for that. If that's it the missing ground wire can also create a safety hazard in the home. You should have an electrician look at it.
Didn't work