[SOLVED] Computer shut off and won't turn back on after overnight until I unplug and plug back in

Jun 4, 2020
Hey Everyone,

I built this computer a month ago and it has been running great ever since with very few issues. Recently however after I upgraded my GPU the monitor's display is not starting up after I leave the computer turned off overnight (I will turn off everything i.e the PSU switch at the back and power supply on the wall), the display will not turn back on in the morning unless I unplug HDMI cable and plug back in to GPU and Monitor. The cooling fans will spin but there is no display and the monitor will show "No HDMI signal from your device". I have to turn everything off and unplug the HDMI cable on my GPU and monitor and wait for awhile, plug it back in and it will start.

Seriously not sure what's going on and it annoyed me, I go through a lot of forum and they say might be some problem with my PSU.

Thanks in advance.

Specs:
Windows 10 64-bit
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
ASUS A320M-A
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB (after upgrade)
AMD HD 7850 (before upgrade)
Silverstone Strider 500W PSU

Solution
  1. How it's a PSU problem when you have no display ? Especially when everything else starts up normally. It's a GPU or display cable problem. Replace HDMI cable with quality one. Try to swap old GPU back to see if this still happens.
  2. Don't shut down PC completely unless you absolutely need to do so, i.e if you're moving or disassembling it, you're not meant to do that, keep it online all the time.

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
  1. How it's a PSU problem when you have no display ? Especially when everything else starts up normally. It's a GPU or display cable problem. Replace HDMI cable with quality one. Try to swap old GPU back to see if this still happens.
  2. Don't shut down PC completely unless you absolutely need to do so, i.e if you're moving or disassembling it, you're not meant to do that, keep it online all the time.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS