Computer shut-off problem. Is it MOBO or PSU based?

abnormalweeny

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
Hello friends! So built my current pc about 2 years ago, and at one point about 6 months after I built it I had issues turning it on. SO after a few tests I figured out that I had to shake and push the 24 pin connector on my PSU to get my pc to start up again. I would go months with out problems and then have to shake and jam the cable again. More recently i had to zip tie the cable at a certain angle in my case just to get the pc to start up. I have to replace my case soon and thought i better replace the mobo or psu while i'm at it, i'm just not sure which one is causing the problem. Any help is appreciated.

P.S. I realize i could just put in a temp psu and troubleshoot, however i am not sure where to just get one to test seeing as i do not have any psu's lying around

thanks in advance!

It seems to be more and more common occurance everyday. But then again, it's one of the most popular models so it's bound to have the most problems right?

abnormalweeny

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012

Ok so turns out i screwed up, i actually have the TX750. Knowing that does your answer change?

abnormalweeny

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012

yeah its kinda old but the problems occured like 6 months after initial build should I look to replace MOBO