Computer Shutdown. No warning whatsoever.

notkelvinjhon

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017
First off, this is my computer specifications:

Case: Tecware Alpha White Mid Tower MoBo: MSI 970 Gaming AM3+ Chipset Procie: AMD FX 6300 Hexa Cores RAM: 2x 4GB G.Skills DDR3 VGA: Palit GTX 1060 Dual Fan 3GB 192bit DDR5 Storage: 1TB WDC and 120GB Samsung SSD 750 EVO CPU Cooling: Deepcool Maelstrom AIO Liquid Cooling PSU: Corsair 450W Mon: HP 22" LED

For more specific information about my Motherboard, processor, RAM and Video card, please see this link

Computer is almost 2 years old, video card is 6 months old. My issue is that when I turn my computer on, it boots up normally to windows 10. Then after 10-15mins, it will power off. No error from windows, no warning, even the "Your PC is Shutting Down" message from Windows is not appearing, just directly powering off.

Things I've done:

1. Replaced PSU with Rave 450w
2. Removed Video Card
3. Removed RAM 1 by 1
4. Removed everything, cleaned it, re-applying of thermal paste on CPU,
then re-assemble.

Note: Latest temperature as per BIOS is:
CPU: from 40° to 85° (within 5mins) Motherboard: 35°
After everything, problem still occurs. I would really appreciate it if someone can tell me if there's something I can still do.

P.S: This issue started 2 days ago.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Yes that would seem like a good shout to me.

But firstly I would also double check that other components aren't heating up so rapidly in the same way. So then if it is only your CPU burning itself out, then the CPU cooler or the CPU will likely be faulty (assuming you haven't got the CPU largely overclocked).

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The maximum safe working temperature for the FX-6300 as per manufacturers specification is 65 degrees.
That would indicate to me why the PC is shutting down if you're reaching 85 degrees in 5 minutes. I would never expect the CPU temperature to rise that quickly unless something was severely wrong.

Is this temperature increase when idle or under load?

Firstly I'd do a big thorough clean of your case, fans, HSF etc and reapply thermal paste. Ensure all your fans are functioning normally and that you have good air flow through the case. You may have a faulty CPU on your hands if it's overheating that much despite air flow being clear and cool.

notkelvinjhon

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017

Hello,

the temperature of the CPU is observed while on BIOS. When I entered it, the temperature is 40°. Then after not more than 10mins, it became 85°. I've already checked and cleaned everything. I suspect the issue is with my liquid cooling? Today I'll try to replace it with an ordinary fan. If the temperature doesn't change, it seems I need to replace my CPU?

Thanks!

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Yes that would seem like a good shout to me.

But firstly I would also double check that other components aren't heating up so rapidly in the same way. So then if it is only your CPU burning itself out, then the CPU cooler or the CPU will likely be faulty (assuming you haven't got the CPU largely overclocked).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS