Question Computer "shutdown"

Mar 23, 2020
Around the time I updated graphics drivers, I started having shutdowns out of nowhere when playing any game that was even moderately intensive. My computer would shutdown and restart extremely quickly - no freezing, no long restarts, nothing. One issue is that I'm not actually sure if this happened right after I updated or a couple of days later.

The problem has since then gotten worse, and my computer now shuts down in a very odd manner. The CPU, GPU, fans, keyboard, etc all remain lit up and running while my screen is simply black and clearly shut down. It's not a monitor problem and I know the computer has actually shut down.

This is different from previous issues I had with this pc which involved overheating. When I had overheating issues I could tell my temps were higher than they should have been and it was a gradual process. Once I dusted and gave my case more airflow and installed a new fan I've had no issues until now.

Things I have tried:
Dusting computer, making sure everything is wired, reinstalling graphic drivers, turning off fast restart, monitoring temperatures, checking power and making sure my pc is getting enough (it is). I also tried rolling back my graphics driver (for context, nvida released a total of 3 new driver updates recently, and I updated to the very latest, thinking that would help, and now I can't roll back to the older driver that I had installed before issues started happening).

Additional information: Everything in the PC is new besides the case, the GPU, and my hard drives. I have an AMD Ryzen 2700x, Nvida 980 ti, and B450 tomahawk motherboard.