computer shuting down, unexpected shutdown message on startup

soccerbologna10

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
yesterday i noticed that my computer turned itself off, when i restarted it, it told me it unexpectedly shutdown. i turned it back on and it shut down again a few hours later, same message on startup. i have tried error checking the hard drive and it still does it. i dont think it is overheating because the fans are still working and i have not installed any new hardware or software in about two weeks.

dannylivesforher

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
When does it shuts down by itself? Is it during gaming or something? you got a GPU? If you do,are you sure your PSU is good enough to handle it ad your overall system? This happens if your system doesn't get enough power,you know. And,I hope there's no blue screen error getting. Also,are you sure your temperatures are fine? You could use an external software to make sure your CPU temperatures are fine. Fans are running doesn't mean you are safe about temperatures. System may shut down if the temperature exceeds beyond the limit. So you have to look into that as well.

soccerbologna10

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013

i had a mechanic look at it a few months ago for a blue screen issue, he told me it was not an issue with the power supply. it has turned off while idle without a blue screen, and the cpu has a larger cooler than it came with. i also remember having to move the computer to the side to unplug the speakers a day or two before i noticed this issue, is it possible that somthing came loose while i moved my computer?

dannylivesforher

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
No,I don't think so.Because if something was loose in it's slot,the system wouldn't turn on or boot up. But you said it booted up and it restarts only after a few hours. So it must be the problem with one of your components,like the RAM or PSU. The probability is your PSU not being able to supply necessary power. Could you provide detailed info about your system? Including the PSU,GPU,MB,CPU etc ec...?

soccerbologna10

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013

here are the parts in my computer:
processor: AMD FD6300WMHKBOX FX-6300 6-Core Processor Black Edition
graphics card: EVGA GeForce GTX650Ti Boost
motherboard:ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS AM3+ AMD 760G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
power supply: Corsair Builder Series CX 430 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS (CX430)
CPU cooler (replaced the one that came with the processor):Cooler Master Hyper T4 CPU Cooler with 4 Direct Contact Heatpipes RR-T4-18PK-R1
RAM: Corsair XMS3 8 GB (2 x 4GB) 1333 MHz PC3-10666 240-Pin DDR3 Memory Kit CMX8GX3M2A1333C9
hard drive: WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive: 3.5 Inch, 7200 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache - WD10EZEX
Disk drive Asus 24x DVD-RW Serial-ATA Internal OEM Optical Drive DRW-24B1ST (Black)
Case Corsair Carbide Series Black 300R Mid-Tower Computer Case (CC-9011014-WW)
i am also using a wireless network adapter: Netgear WNA3100, it seems to stop working after my computer shuts itself off.

soccerbologna10

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
i was looking through the security message center in the control panel i saw a message saying "install your power management system driver" i am not sure if this is due to the problem but i have never seen it before, could it be the reason my computer is shutting down?

dannylivesforher

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
I saw in another thread that this problem can be solved by re-installing the chipset driver. So you could try uninstalling the current drivers and install the chipset drivers once again. Give it a try. It should fix the problem.

soccerbologna10

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013

okay, i already downloaded the power management driver, im going to see if that works, if not i will do what you said. thank you for helping, i will respond if the problem continues.

soccerbologna10

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013

It was from amd, windows recommended I downloaded it, however it was not compatible with my motherboard. (It was the Asus cool n quiet software)

dannylivesforher

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
Like I said,it could be the Chipset driver problem. Just uninstall the Chipset driver and re-install it. Not the Cool n Quite....It's something of no help at all,if you ask me....Just try re-installing the Chipset drivers....If my guess is right,it should fix things up.....I'm getting a feeling that it will,since the issue was gone in safe mode...Give it a try...Good luck! :)

soccerbologna10

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013

I tried that before I posted last time (I installed the chip set driver from the disk that came with the motherboard.) One of my friends suggested that I re-install windows, but I cannot do that without buying another disk. Could it fix if I restore my computer to an earlier date?

dannylivesforher

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
Well,the restore ay or may not help.If it's some software related issue,the restore may help.But if it's hardware related,it's not gonna be of any help at all.Anyway,if you have a restore point on a date when you had no problem,you could try it.Just try...But don't expect any miracle....

dannylivesforher

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
Bro,please take a look at my first answer. I told you it would be CPU overheating and should look into that. But you said no,it was fine. And even you had a bigger cooler,and the fans were fine. So you were saying the temperature was not anywhere in the danger zone. Now,it's turned out that my guess was right. It was the CPU overheating... You didn't read that answer well I suppose. Sorry,no offense,just pointing to something.
Anyway,good to see you got the problem solved.