Computer shuts down after starting Far Cry 3

Juan Tienda

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
Whenever I try playing Far Cry 3 my computer shuts down immediately without even getting past the Ubisoft intro thing. This has never happened in any other game. Specs? http://speccy.piriform.com/results/HQuLN7sGYjTOteteJ0weipG I also ran FurMark's GPU stress test and the video card reached a maximum of 80C and there were no problems. I left it running for about 20 minutes before exiting the program. Help?

Hcollett

Reputable
Oct 16, 2014
Could it be that your onboard graphics Is trying to take over it and making it crash? Try going into your bios or device manager and disabling the onboard graphics so it relies only on your dedicated graphics card. Also make sure your drivers are up to date.

Juan Tienda

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
Okay Okay guys, I found more info on the problem. I ran event viewer ad I found out that the problem is "Intel Graphics Control Panel", or something like that. Every time I check the log it says "The Intel(R) HD Graphics Control Panel Service service terminated with the following error: Unspecified error." It appears even after I disabled the onboard graphics from BIOS it somehow remains active, or something does. I've looked around quite a bit and can't find a guide to get rid of that. I would really appreciate an expert giving me some help and advice to deal with this problem that makes my PC shut down on every game that has good graphics. Yeah, even Minecraft with the Shaders caused a shut down. So yeah, please? :3

chepoxxx

Reputable
Apr 13, 2015
I have the exact same problem. I can run everything no problem. I even have a dual boot with Ubuntu and it never shuts down.
But every time I start Far Cry 3 with Steam and Uplay as soon as it starts the PC just shuts down entirely.
I am in Win8.1.
Did you find an answer?