[SOLVED] Computer shuts down and won't start unless I unplug the PSU, likely caused by faulty keyboard

Aug 12, 2020
Recently my PC has been shutting down for no reason and I am not able to start it again unless I unplug it for a couple of minutes. I've narrowed the issue down to my keyboard. I recently spilled some water on the keyboard and it started acting weird, but after drying it, it worked just as normal. But that is when my shut down problems started. Replacing the keyboard completely removes the problem. Now since this was a custom made keyboard that I like very much and it's impossible to replace the PCB as it's no longer sold is there a way to fix it myself or water damage is irreparable?

Solution
Welcome to the forums :D

if it is just water, H2O only, disconnect the unit and put in a plastic bag with some uncooked rice for a few days. the rice will absorb the water.
Recently my PC has been shutting down for no reason and I am not able to start it again unless I unplug it for a couple of minutes. I've narrowed the issue down to my keyboard. I recently spilled some water on the keyboard and it started acting weird, but after drying it, it worked just as normal. But that is when my shut down problems started. Replacing the keyboard completely removes the problem. Now since this was a custom made keyboard that I like very much and it's impossible to replace the PCB as it's no longer sold is there a way to fix it myself or water damage is irreparable?

You may be able to repair it but it would involve taking apart the keyboard and testing the components, probably around the USB interface, maybe re-solder the cable. Usually with these questions if you don't already know how to research and look for the issue, then it's not something you will be able to do on your own.