Computer Shuts down automatically

Dastin_1

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017
I have an issue.It is about my computer my issue has not been solved for so long the issue keeps occuring. If i get to turn on my computer it will turn off after a few minutes saying Shutting Down. Then it shuts down. I try to turn the computer on, turns on before it even boots up it turns off. So what is the problem is it a virus or the system or both? I most likely have not got a virus because i have not downloaded anything yet which is not from an untrusted web i have only downloaded from companies such as Steam also everything in my computer should be fine my cpu my ram my motherboard and power supply so what is the problem. I know many of you have the same problem still trying to fix it. I need a direct answer no opinions i would love to see what you think but I need something definite. NOT SOMETHING LIKE: Are you sure,maybe it is actually your Power Supply? ANS: No it isn't. I need something like is this cable plugged into that thing. Then I can check and the people who have the same problem i am glad to help. So please if anyone knows ive got this computer and i want to use it not spend 2 months on trying to fix it.

Solution

Try your hard drive in another system. If it works, then it would most definitely be a PSU problem.

g-unit1111

Titan
We need more information. What are your system specifications? Have you downloaded any Windows Updates? Have you tried to run a system restore? And yes make and model of PSU and GPU is very important. The reason being is that it's more than likely a hardware problem and less likely a software problem.

Dastin_1

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017
Well my spec is fine i cant tell you my spec because my computer is customised so i would have to unscrew every bolt to say what cpu i have. I can tell you that when i play a specific game my computer shuts down. I called my friend which is an expert about computers and said it might be the hard drive i think it is this one WD Mainstream 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - 1 TB SATA III 6 Gb/s interface
Spin speed: 7200 rpm
64 MB cache memory the game is CS:GO

g-unit1111

Titan

I think your expert is completely wrong here. WD Blue drives aren't the most reliable but they do get the job done, and it's really difficult to make one fail. You can run this software which will tell you your exact system specifications: http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

But I'm willing to bet more than likely it's a power supply issue. But you do have to realize that bad PSUs are a too often overlooked component that is regarded as the cause of system failure.

g-unit1111

Titan

So is this for sure a desktop we're dealing with here and not a laptop? Because if your desktop shuts down it's almost 99% a PSU issue. It's definitely not a hard drive issue, and whoever told you that is wrong. Knowing the make and model of PSU is extremely important. We can't guess what a PSU is based on the fact that it's "highly rated". A lot of low end junk gets highly rated on store reviews, while really good products don't get the reviews they should get.

Dastin_1

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017
It cannot be the the PSU i bought a brand new one Corsair CX SERIES CX600 for my desktop it is very expensive an expert told me that this should do fine. The other PSU was old. Another thing it could be is the cables from the PSU plugged in the wrong slots. But definetly its not the PSU itself. There is 0.1% chance that this whole thing is happening from malware from some sort of ad. But it is very unlikely because sometimes i cant even turn on my computer for high fps it shuts down. It could be my CPU but from what ?from turning it up a bit its an amd one and from one of the new types.

g-unit1111

Titan

Stop listening to your "expert" - he's an idiot. I don't know how much clearer I can make this. Those are decent PSUs, but the chances you got a defective unit are very high - these units are not known to be quality. They're highly rated sure, but that's mainly because they're cheap. If you have another PSU you can try that and see if it is indeed a PSU issue, and that is mainly the route to go at this point.

But definetly its not the PSU itself. There is 0.1% chance that this whole thing is happening from malware from some sort of ad.

There's not even a chance of that. If your system can't turn on, it is most definitely a hardware problem. The only way to check is to use another PSU. If you have to RMA that PSU, it's not the end of the world.

But it is very unlikely because sometimes i cant even turn on my computer for high fps it shuts down. It could be my CPU but from what ?from turning it up a bit its an amd one and from one of the new types.

That's why it generally points to the PSU being the problem. The only other possibility is being an AMD CPU that whoever installed it, installed it incorrectly. But even then it wouldn't turn on at all. You don't even know what kind of CPU and motherboard you are running? That could be an issue there as well. Some FX processors mainly the FX-8350 and FX-9590 can't handle certain motherboards.

Dastin_1

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017
Before i got my hard drive everything was fine no errors when i got my new hard drive the system was a bit glitchy i thought the PSU was dying but when i changed there was still something wrong now i realised it is the hard drive well thanks for trying to help me and change my PSU because i know you are an expert but ive jsut remembered this. Sorry about the issue. It will be fine. I will change my hard drive :)

g-unit1111

Titan

Try your hard drive in another system. If it works, then it would most definitely be a PSU problem.

Solution