[SOLVED] Computer shuts down immediately after login

Nov 10, 2012
I have been working on a friend's computer and we are stumped. The issue is that the computer shuts down immediately after login and won't turn back on for a while after it shuts down this way. The computer will power on normally if we turn it off before logging in. The motherboard has the most recent version of the bios and all of the drivers are up to date.

We have tried booting into safe mode, and the issue no longer persisted in safe mode.

Then we tried disabling all non microsoft services, however that did not work and we got the same issue.

Is this a problem with the hardware or the software? How should we go about fixing this?

Solution
what about start up programs? try to unchecked all of the programs for the list, it maybe one of the startup program that giving your system problem.
Nov 10, 2012
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
could be driver or hardware

Motherboard: MSI Z97A Gaming 7
PSU: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750 W

I don't have the other specs right now, but I will have them this evening.

what about start up programs? try to unchecked all of the programs for the list, it maybe one of the startup program that giving your system problem.

I will try getting my friend to disable the startup programs this evening when he has access to his computer.