Computer shuts down randomly when gaming sometimes

D3Throne

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
So basically i was wondering if my PSU is dieing i currently have the Corsair GS600 80+ certified power supply and was also wondering if my overclocks are making my pc shut down.

My Specs:
Intel Core i5 Ivy Bridge 3570k 3.4ghz Boost to 3.8ghz Oced to 4.2ghz
Coolermaster Seidon 120XL Liquid CPU Cooler
AMD Sapphire HD7950 Vapor-X Oced from 950mhz Core Clock to 1125mhz, Memory Clock from 1250mhz to 1425mhz
2TB Western Digital Cavier Black
4GBx2 Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz RAM
Coolermaster HAF 912 Case

Any feedback is appreciated

Solution
Common sense would dictate that if you set your OC to default speeds and it doesnt shut down anymore, its the OC. If it still shuts down, its something else and then you can move on to troubleshooting other items of hardware.
Common sense would dictate that if you set your OC to default speeds and it doesnt shut down anymore, its the OC. If it still shuts down, its something else and then you can move on to troubleshooting other items of hardware.

Solution

D3Throne

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
Thank you both for your replies, sorry it never came across my mind about resetting everything, i assumed it wouldnt be the overclocks since they were stable a while ago and out of nowhere started to crash on me, oh well i guess ill have to live without the overclocks until i get a better psu

rdc85

Honorable
I think U got the wrong impression....

OC. failure is not always PSU, it more the chip itself...
(each chip had o.c. capability differently, even they are same type/brand/model)

also if one component (mem/cpu/gpu/mobo) o.c. profile unstable it can lead to random BSOD, so trial and error, retesting again and again is recommended...