Computer Shuts Down Randomly

joeman001

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
Ok so after ive come back from my vacation i go to play some fallout 3 and my computer after an hour and 15 minutes shuts off immediately. There is no blue screen just a black screen and the computer turns right off. I had this problem a while back with my FX 9590 and resolved it by installing a H110 water cooler. That was about 1 month back and now im having the same problems again. Along with these problems my chrome seems to have slowed down drastically and doesn't respond often. This isnt just with fallout 3 its with most of my games that require plenty of processing power. Ive tried to run tests for the CPU temps and GPU temps but when i go into the speed fan program after playing for a while it is around 65c or so. I can't seem to find out how to get the last temp readings. I know that above 75-80c is a big red zone and that it will shut down to prevent damage. Is there a big problem with the way i have this set up or is something such as a simple windows update causing this? Also 3 times the game freezes and there is no way to get the desktop. Im trying a few things atm. First off Im going to check the cooler and the thermal paste it self to see if everything is still working properly. Im running a virus scan right now. Lastly im going to try and conduct more tests to see if it truly is an over heat.
SPECS:
Mobo- AsRock 970 extreme4
CPU- FX-9590
Ram- 16GB DDR-1600
GPU- 2x Radeon HD 7870 2gb
SSD/HDD- 1 128gb SSD, 1 1TB HDD
Cooler: Corsair H110 liquid cooler
Case NZXT H440

Any and all help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks- Joe Grosick

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Set to log to file.

Play a game.

9590's are just very temperamental, it's inherit due to the ludicrous heating problems.

Power supply make and model?

joeman001

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014

OK ill try that. PSU is a 750w corsair Cx750m. Also im running windows 7 home premium 64 bit.