CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800x
CPU FAN: Scythe Fuma 2 Rev .B
PSU: ApexGaming AG-750 80+ Gold Fully modular
RAM: 16gb
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X AM4 REV 1.0
GPU: Zotac gaming RTX 3070 8gb
STORAGE: 2tb Seagate ST2000Dm008-2FR102
120Gb ssd

Recently upgraded CPU, CPU FAN, PSU, And GPU. All been working for a week no problems. I had some problems with having a wrong bios version when I first installed my new cpu, but once that was fixed it has been running perfectly for 1 week.

Last night it randomly started shutting off. As it shuts down, the ram lights stay on, CPU fan stays on, and GPU lighting stays on. Temperatures of parts are all in 40-60 range(at least as I’m monitoring them when the pc is one). Peripherals have no light and the and the display signal isn’t working since it’s like it auto shut down. I then hold the power button to fully shut down everything and then turn it back on and it does it again within 20-30minutes, sometimes within 5 minutes.

I have tried changing PSU, different outlets and surge protectors, but it still does it.

As @helper800 suggested. This is a PSU issue. The one you have is junk, sadly. It has low quality caps, and the fan is pants! Get rid of it before it takes out a component or two.

It should never be run in an office PC never mind a good gaming rig such as yours,

Don't even power it on again with that PSU. Just get a decent on like a COrsair RMx/RMi/RM 650w is fine.

Reactions: helper800
Nov 21, 2022
So random restarts or power downs are commonly PSU related issued. Your computer, however, is still getting power after something happens. Did you reinstall Windows after you upgraded with all those parts?

i did not reinstall windows. I did have to do a bios update for my new cpu but my computer has been working for a week with no problems running all day.

i also put in my 3 year old 650w seatgate psu gold that was working and had no problems a few weeks ago. My PC still has this problem even with new psu.

Nov 21, 2022
As @helper800 suggested. This is a PSU issue. The one you have is junk, sadly. It has low quality caps, and the fan is pants! Get rid of it before it takes out a component or two.

It should never be run in an office PC never mind a good gaming rig such as yours,

Don't even power it on again with that PSU. Just get a decent on like a COrsair RMx/RMi/RM 650w is fine.
Noted about the psu. I have a different one in it right now and it still has it happen. A nice gold certified seagate 650w

Noted about the psu. I have a different one in it right now and it still has it happen. A nice gold certified seagate 650w

Which exact model. A 650w Gold rated unit could be anything. Chances are if it's not of good quality, it will give you the same issues.

With the CPU you have and the GPU, you need a 'real' good quality unit, like those I mentioned. There are of course other PSUs of good quality. Seasonic Focus GOld, EVGA G2/G3/GX, SuperFlower Leadex.

A RTX3070 needs a quality PSU.

i did not reinstall windows. I did have to do a bios update for my new cpu but my computer has been working for a week with no problems running all day.

i also put in my 3 year old 650w seatgate psu gold that was working and had no problems a few weeks ago. My PC still has this problem even with new psu.
Have you updated the AMD chipset drivers since you have had the original PC?

Nov 21, 2022
Which exact model. A 650w Gold rated unit could be anything. Chances are if it's not of good quality, it will give you the same issues.

With the CPU you have and the GPU, you need a 'real' good quality unit, like those I mentioned. There are of course other PSUs of good quality. Seasonic Focus GOld, EVGA G2/G3/GX, SuperFlower Leadex.

A RTX3070 needs a quality PSU.
Apologies, it is a seasonic focus plus 650 gold SSR-650fx. It ran a ryzen 3700x and Msi 2060 super before these new upgrades.

Apologies, it is a seasonic focus plus 650 gold SSR-650fx. It ran a ryzen 3700x and Msi 2060 super before these new upgrades.
Okay, given it's 3 years old, it could potentially be the issue.

As @helper800 mentioned, update all system drivers, and also worth doing bios too. Make sure to clear CMOS after bios update. If you are still experiencing issues, then bring to local repair store, get them to swap out the PSU and test.

Nov 21, 2022
Okay, given it's 3 years old, it could potentially be the issue.

As @helper800 mentioned, update all system drivers, and also worth doing bios too. Make sure to clear CMOS after bios update. If you are still experiencing issues, then bring to local repair store, get them to swap out the PSU and test.
Okay I will try this, thank you.
You really think it’s still a psu problem after that? Just weird it was working for a week prior no problems, and then a different psu also does it.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2022
@Spiidey

have you tried putting back the old CPU. If not, try putting it back. Observe if the problem will still appear.
@Tac 25
The problem still persists. I put my old cpu back on and still happens. I did leave the same heat sink that’s new that I use for my 5800x but temps are always low and good…

I am confused, because I still have my old psu in the computer with my now old cpu and it did it still… so it does it with new & old psu + new & old cpu

also this time when it shut down with the old cpu it was weird, it wouldn’t let me fully power down the computer with the button on the case.(when it shut down, fans stayed on and lights as it seemed like it was going to restart but never did). I had to shut off the psu directly

@helper800 @Roland Of Gilead

Last edited:
@Tac 25
The problem still persists. I put my old cpu back on and still happens. I did leave the same heat sink that’s new that I use for my 5800x but temps are always low and good…

I am confused, because I still have my old psu in the computer with my now old cpu and it did it still… so it does it with new & old psu + new & old cpu

also this time when it shut down with the old cpu it was weird, it wouldn’t let me fully power down the computer with the button on the case.(when it shut down, fans stayed on and lights as it seemed like it was going to restart but never did). I had to shut off the psu directly

@helper800 @Roland Of Gilead
The GPU is what has remained the same as with the new and old CPU and the new and old PSU.

TRENDING THREADS