Computer shuts down then powers back up. List of things i have tried. Any ideas how to fix this ? or is it not serious?

bonzooz

Reputable
Oct 3, 2014
I-5 4670k cpu
GTX770 windforce 2gb gpu
Thermaltake SP750m psu
z87x-d3h mbu

Ok, so I've ran into this issue the past month where I will power down my computer and after a few seconds it will turn back on and start to run again. At first I thought it was my psu. I read a bunch of forums about turning off settings in your MB bios that could effect the restart. I couldnt find the option in my bios. I turned off the options that were talked about in my power options for what the computer does when the power button is pushed. Then i read about the power supply possibly causing the problem. I figured my 650w wasnt big enough so I recently grabbed a 750w that was on sell. Well that didnt fix the problem. Now Im wondering if it could maybe just be a motherboard bio bug. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. Or even to know that this isnt a major issue. I dont really have any other issues with the computer but maybe a hang randomly at the sign in after power up. I've also done a safe boot and tried all that jazz but with no luck so far. Oh btw, i did leave the psu unplugged the other night, and it did fix the problem. I booted the computer up, turned it off and it stayed off. But after i turned it back on and after use, the next shut down was followed by a power up.
Thanks

bonzooz

Reputable
Oct 3, 2014
So I've waited a few days and have been powering off my PC. With the new PSU it rebooted the first time after shutdown. Ever since it has shut down and stayed powered off. So I'm assuming it was my other PSU. Hope this helps in the future