[SOLVED] Computer Shuts down while gaming

Dec 18, 2019
ive ran both heaven benchmark and cinebench to see if one or the other would shut down my pc but they didnt after 10 mins in heaven and 1 round of cinebench. i just installed my new fan because my pc used to overheat and now the fan seems to be making it shut down more for some reason. it now sits around 60c at full load so im not sure whats wrong here. originally i thought it was because of overheating because it would go to 85c and shut down. now im not sure what the problem is.

ive ran both heaven benchmark and cinebench to see if one or the other would shut down my pc but they didnt after 10 mins in heaven and 1 round of cinebench. i just installed my new fan because my pc used to overheat and now the fan seems to be making it shut down more for some reason. it now sits around 60c at full load so im not sure whats wrong here. originally i thought it was because of overheating because it would go to 85c and shut down. now im not sure what the problem is.
Your new fan. Can you be more specific? I assume it's the CPU fan? If that's the case, then the fan is most likely attached to a heatsink? What heatsink/fan combination is it? In other words, what's the name of your CPU cooler, both the old one and the new one. Did you clean the old CPU grease from the CPU before putting on the new CPU cooler? Did you apply new CPU grease to the CPU? Are you sure you correctly attached the fan's connector to the correct motherboard header?

Dec 18, 2019
Your new fan. Can you be more specific? I assume it's the CPU fan? If that's the case, then the fan is most likely attached to a heatsink? What heatsink/fan combination is it? In other words, what's the name of your CPU cooler, both the old one and the new one. Did you clean the old CPU grease from the CPU before putting on the new CPU cooler? Did you apply new CPU grease to the CPU? Are you sure you correctly attached the fan's connector to the correct motherboard header?
new fan... my ryzen 7 came with the wraith cooler of which i installed only the fan header so that the fan itself and the rgb with no control was used. it came with pre applied thermal paste. yes i plugged it into the cpu fan header and not a system fan header.