[SOLVED] Computer shuts down while playing games.

Spedoinky

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
Hello,

I have been having this problem for a while now. When I play games like, for example, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, after about a round or two my PC will shut off without warning. This will happen in most games I play, even ones that do not seem demanding, this includes Risk of Rain 2, Gunfire Reborn, Battlefield 4, ect. SpeedFan shows my CPU temp at 115 Degrees C when gaming which I know is terrible and is probably but I want to check. I have ruled out my power supply because I replaced my old one because this was happening then. I also have a new cooling pump as well as extra fans coming in the mail because this has a stock iBuyPower AIO in it and that is the only fan. I just want to know if I am doing things correctly and what people think t he issue could be and how to resolve it.

Thank you.

Solution
I will try that as soon as I get my new cooler and fans next week. I think it was about time anyways, considering it was a single fan AIO from iBuyPower and that was the only fan in the case.
At 115c I would avoid doing anything that gets the temperature that high until you get the new cooler installed as you might shorten the life of the cpu. Try and keep the temperature under 85c. My guess is the pump has died in the original AIO.
I will try that as soon as I get my new cooler and fans next week. I think it was about time anyways, considering it was a single fan AIO from iBuyPower and that was the only fan in the case.
At 115c I would avoid doing anything that gets the temperature that high until you get the new cooler installed as you might shorten the life of the cpu. Try and keep the temperature under 85c. My guess is the pump has died in the original AIO.

Solution

Spedoinky

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
Yeah, that's what I figured. I have a Corsair H115i ELITE CAPELLIX 280mm and 3 140MM Fans coming UPS to hopefully fix this issue. Going to mount the cooler as a Front intake and 2 Fans top, 1 Fan back as exhaust because it is the best fit for my case.

Spedoinky

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
Do you know how to remove the backplate that attaches the AIO to the motherboard? I haven't attempted this and I'm fairly sure it has adhesive keeping it on.

Spedoinky

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
Figured I'd let you all know. I got my water cooler and fans today. Played a game if COD: Cold War. The temps never went higher than 56C. The cooler was the issue