Computer Shuts Down?

ucjohn

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
Hello,

I've just recently built a new gaming computer I've built several in the past and never had a issue... I'm confused as to what could cause this issue.. I'm starting to lean towards it being my PSU but wanted to make sure. Any Advise would help out alot. I'll start off by giving you my hardware specs..

PC Spec Information.

CPU: AMD FX-8350
GPU: Gigabyte GHz Edition 7970HD
PSU: Coolermaster 1000 Watt Silent Gold Pro
RAM: 24GB of Kingston Hyper X @ 1600 (Dual Channel)
MOBO: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z
H/D: 1TB Seagate

Issue:

I started up the computer no issue's or anything irrelevant that I noticed... Computer is super fast and works amazing. I would go about my regular routine I launch my game Crysis 3 and set the graphics up etc... And go into it.. and boom 30mintues later or 1hr varies the computer totally shuts down and then I gotta wait 5 minutes or turn off my PSU and turn it back on... I'm running dual monitors.. I decided to install a tool that tells me temps.. My video card stays at a nice 30c and my CPU varies between 25c - 48c I'm running the Coolermaster V8 to cool my CPU.. It's a bit bulky but it's done well but I'm very stuck on 2 things it's either Power or Cooling.. Want to know what you think or some idea's and solutions..

Thanks,

John c

Xttony

Distinguished
Have you overclocked any component?
Generally these issues appear due to improper ram overclock.
Reset the bios settings and try again
Try torture test and see if that crashes the computer, if not do a clean install of AMD Catalyst software and Crysis 3.

PS. Psu may be the thing causing the problems but it is unlikely
Why are you using 24gB ram setup? Your computer is working in single channel not dual channel. Add one or remove one card to make it work in dual channel.

ucjohn

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013

I've never actually overclocked anything.. I left everything stock as is 1 Kit was 8 x 2 = 16GB Kingston Hyper X Blu Black Edition (Dual Channel) & Other kit is 4 x 2 = 8GB of Kingston Hyper X Genisis Series (Dual Channel) both @ 1600 which I didn't think was irrelevant. I did as you said I took out the Genisis Series and left my newest kit of Blu Black Edition. I did revert from AMD's newest Beta Driver back down to there lastest current driver.. I did reset the Bios after removing the 1 kit of ram.. I'll make another post after I do some stress tests aka Crysis 3

Another Question:

My Coolermaster 1000 Watt PSU come's with a variety of plugs and my Gigabyte 7970HD came with 2 x 4 pin to what seems to be PCI-E Connections... Am I better off using the plugs that come with the card or just use the ones that come with my card? I notice if I use the ones from my PSU it has all the wires that will connect to the card and the ones that come with the card don't... I'm not sure what's with that just want a more professional point of view.

TRENDING THREADS