Question Computer shuts off for seemingly no reason. Sometimes the crash is preceded by a loud static noise and a grid-like pattern of static/dead pixels shows

Sep 17, 2019
It’s been happening for a while now. My computer doesn’t see any battery I put in it, but the charging pins are still receiving power. If I let my laptop idle, it won’t turn off. I’ve even given it to a PC repair shop to do diagnostics, and they weren’t able to recreate the issue. It isn’t a cooling issue as my temperatures stay stable throughout the crash, and it only occurs when I’m actively using the laptop, and the crashes seem to happen when I press any button, and I’m not able to replicate it. All I can do is load up a game and press buttons until it crashes, which it will do eventually.

I’ve also taken a look at the event log but I can’t seem to find any errors in the system log that can point me in the right direction. I’m at a loss here!

Ralston18

Titan
First: Update your post to include laptop information and specs.

Make, model, hardware, OS....

Second: Presuming Windows 10, look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings.

Third: What games and applications are you using or playing (as applicable) when the laptop crashes?

More information needed.