Question Computer shuts off immediately after turning on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2021
Ok, so I just got a new motherboard, along with several other components.

Whenever i turn the computer on with most of these new components installed, it just turns off again right after. I believe the problem is that my PSU isn't powerful enough to run the system, or perhaps has finally started going out, since most of this is brand new.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 3 2300x (will be upgrading to Ryzen 5 5600x once BIOS is updated)
Mobo: B450M Steel Legend
RAM: G Skills Ripjaws V 16gb x2
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4gb
PSU: Thermaltake Smart 600W

The case also came with several LED fans, and the mobo has LEDs as well. The GPU alone takes 300W of power to work, according to the packaging.

What do you think? 850W PSU and it should be fine?

Aug 21, 2021
Yes. All 8 connected.

I'm thinking it's a short...a buddy of mine is walking me through some troubleshooting. It's turning off immediately regardless of whether the gpu is in or not. Earlier, it was only when the gpu was in

Aug 21, 2021
Ok update:

On a hunch, i tried putting all the new components in. With the new cpu, gpu and ram in, the computer came on and stayed on, but it is now reseting over and over. No display, whether i use the internal gpu or the discrete one

rakibfahadgts

Reputable
Aug 4, 2018
I've been powering thermaltek smart 650 watt PSU with i5 10500 @135 watt, 5700 xt @ 250 watt multiple SSDs, 6 argb fans with 4 argb strips since 2019. It IS NOT the issue. That 300 watt in GPU 'packaging' is entire system power draw for that GPU. For example my 5700 xt package says 600 watt. It means I can buy a 600 watt PSU or over. The thing you should look is tdp. Your GPU uses 75 watt max . See product page. https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Graphics-Cards/Phoenix/PH-GTX1050TI-4G/

rakibfahadgts

Reputable
Aug 4, 2018
https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

Use this page to calculate your total system power draw. I've put your stuffs in it (included 5600x, 5 hard drives, 10 fans just for your assurance). System load @100 usage all compose power draw is around 370 watt. With your specs even a 400 watt PSU is sufficient let alone 600 watt. I've explained this in my previous post (see above). Your mistaking GPU PSU requirement with TDP. The GPU is a 75 watt GPU only. The least power hungry you can buy.

Aug 21, 2021
Yeah, i get that. It powers on and stays on now, but it keeps resetting. Just restarts after about 5 seconds, over and over. Doesn't get to the BIOS screen, doesnt show anything on the monitor at all...

I understood the previous post just fine. I'm having a different problem now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS