[SOLVED] Computer shuts off on brownouts, shortages,blackouts even tough i have a psu

Jun 6, 2020
When im playing heavy games like metro exodus, rainbow six siege etc and there is some random brownouts my psu fails to make sure my comp doesnt shuts off but with light games shuch as csgo, league it will do its job on remainin it turned on. My psu is 500w 80 plus and my ups is 750va 500w. Can someone help me do i need to buy a 1000va 600w ups?

Solution
Their is one ups i was looking into it says awp ups(american wise power) single phase 1000va 600w is that better can this handle while im in heavy games? i only want it to remain on until i quickly turn it off
It seems to be simulated sine wave too. The watt rating seems to be sufficient but the only way to make sure is try.
Any UPS with Pure Sine Wave will work 100% but those are expensive for that very reason.
Jun 6, 2020
oh i forgot to mention my monitor which is 144hz is plugged in to the ups too but i tried unplugging it from the ups to see if it makes a big difference and tried again on heavy games and unplugging the ups and it still shuts down

Jun 6, 2020
Psu is
Input
Normal voltage: 220/230/240Vac
Voltage range: -30%, +25%
Frequency: 50/60hz auto sensing
Output
Voltage range: +/- 10%
Frequency 50/60hz +/- 1hz
Waveform: simulated waveform
Transfer time: <6ms(typical)

Welp thats whats on the box

Jun 6, 2020
I second to the above (approximated sine wave works bad with switching PSUs).
In addition, the VA ups rating is usually total capacity. Let’s say, while they can hold 20$ of electricity, they can only supply 1$ a minute for 20 minutes and not 20$ for one minute.

Their is one ups i was looking into it says awp ups(american wise power) single phase 1000va 600w is that better can this handle while im in heavy games? i only want it to remain on until i quickly turn it off

It seems to be simulated sine wave too. The watt rating seems to be sufficient but the only way to make sure is try.
Any UPS with Pure Sine Wave will work 100% but those are expensive for that very reason.

Reactions: Itsmechude
Solution
Jun 6, 2020

Ok thank you so much for the time and reply i really needed help so i dont waste on buying another ups