Question Computer shuts off sli - how to disable gpu clevo p370em

Danielgorshelev345

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2013
Alright so I have an old clevo p370 em runnubg two 670ms. The issue is that gpu1 isn’t being cooled because the fan is broken and it makes my computer shut off because it overheats.
I can’t disable the gpu from the bios
It’s soldered on and there isn’t just a plug I can remove
I can’t lower the clock speed individually with msi afterburner or set gpu 2 as the primary gpu and run it with sli disabled
How can I cut power to gpu 1? I can’t even run the computer for longer than 2 minutes before it overheats and my computer just shuts off so I can’t run any diagnostics or download any programs that might help me.

You probably can't. Unsoldering both GPU and replacing the main with the other one is what needs to be done. Replacing the fan would mean removing the GPU anyway right?

Soldered stuff is not cool to work with. I have no idea what you can do really.

Danielgorshelev345

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2013
You probably can't. Unsoldering both GPU and replacing the main with the other one is what needs to be done. Replacing the fan would mean removing the GPU anyway right?

Soldered stuff is not cool to work with. I have no idea what you can do really.
I don’t understand, why can’t I disable a specific gpu via software? Or underckock one? Also, no, I can change the fans without removing the gpu but I have no idea where to get a fan.