Dec 31, 2015
Specs: GPU: nVidia 980TI
CPU: Intel i7-4790k
SSD: Samsung EVO 860
MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65
RAM: 16gb trash DDR3
Running Windows 10
PSU: 750W Corsair Gold Certified

Hey all. I'm having an issue where my computer will suddenly shut off completely while I'm loading a game or playing. The computer then starts back up on its own. I turned off automatic restart to see if I could get a crash/ error code but it still shuts down and boots itself back up.

In the event viewer, each crash is logged as a critical error (ID 41). Source is Kernel-Power.

I use CPUID HWMonitor, and my CPU/ GPU temps are fairly stable and low so I don't believe that overheating is causing these shutdowns.

Just trying to figure out what the cause of the issue is so I don't replace unnecessary parts. PSU is 6+ years old, same with RAM and MOBO. Have latest graphics drivers installed, and most recent BIOS (which was released in like 2015 so maybe I just need an upgrade).

The issue is especially pronounced when trying to play Warframe, more than other games for sure. So much so that if I tab out of it while it loads, and then tab back in my computer will shut off immediately. I can usually play other games for a short while until it shuts off.

Thanks for your help

Solution
Issue is persisting. Happens often when alt-tabbing out of a game.
Sorry for the delayed response i've been trying to look into this further. The things that i'm finding is reset the whole pc and do a clean install of everything. Uninstall all drivers ALL DRIVERS and do a fresh clean driver install. Or use cmd to clear all cached data ALL CACHED data ram and all
Specs: GPU: nVidia 980TI
CPU: Intel i7-4790k
SSD: Samsung EVO 860
MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65
RAM: 16gb trash DDR3
Running Windows 10
PSU: 750W Corsair Gold Certified

Hey all. I'm having an issue where my computer will suddenly shut off completely while I'm loading a game or playing. The computer then starts back up on its own. I turned off automatic restart to see if I could get a crash/ error code but it still shuts down and boots itself back up.

In the event viewer, each crash is logged as a critical error (ID 41). Source is Kernel-Power.

I use CPUID HWMonitor, and my CPU/ GPU temps are fairly stable and low so I don't believe that overheating is causing these shutdowns.

Just trying to figure out what the cause of the issue is so I don't replace unnecessary parts. PSU is 6+ years old, same with RAM and MOBO. Have latest graphics drivers installed, and most recent BIOS (which was released in like 2015 so maybe I just need an upgrade).

The issue is especially pronounced when trying to play Warframe, more than other games for sure. So much so that if I tab out of it while it loads, and then tab back in my computer will shut off immediately. I can usually play other games for a short while until it shuts off.

Thanks for your help
In cmd as admin, run sfc /scannow it should do a scan for corrupted system files and repair them

Issue is persisting. Happens often when alt-tabbing out of a game.
Sorry for the delayed response i've been trying to look into this further. The things that i'm finding is reset the whole pc and do a clean install of everything. Uninstall all drivers ALL DRIVERS and do a fresh clean driver install. Or use cmd to clear all cached data ALL CACHED data ram and all

Solution