Computer shutting down at random

thraduil

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
As the title says my computer shuts down at random. I have recently installed a few new parts
1. AMD FX 9590
2.Corsair H100i (checked for leaks and it wasn't the problem)
3. EVGA 770 GB ftw edition
My PSU is for 755 watts and i have a dual channel for RAM.
I think it may be overheating but after looking at CAM both my processor and GPU seems to run at less than 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
Just curious to see what i may be doing wrong ill attempt to get back as soon as possible. Thanks

thraduil

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
http://
This would be the ram. I will have to check the bios when I get off of work. Before I went into work this morning I looked in the case and saw a third stick that I must of missed when I got the new ram a few weeks ago. However, my computer was running fine until the new processor was installed.
Thanks

thraduil

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
any two particular slots or the darker brown ones? i seated them next to each other where i normally put them and put it up to 1600 mhz. I only got as far as the watch dogs intro movie like normal.
Thanks.

iron8orn

Admirable
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_990FX_R20/

you have brown and black slots, use only the brown and you will be in proper dual channel.

so, it would be the second and fourth slot starting from the slot closest to the cpu.

thraduil

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
it seems to be only graphic intensive games. I was playing smite the other night and it was perfectly fine. However anything like farcry 3 or watch dogs doesnt last too long. I'm now thinking either psu which is a 3 year old 755 watt corsair supernova or maybe the heat again.

iron8orn

Admirable
it has 4 12v rails and not a single 12v rail. When you have 4 separate 12v rails it pulls off of the same power inside the PSU box and seriously degrades the amount of watts through each rail..

im thinking you need a psu as i am seeing bad reviews for the model. get a 750w 80+bronze with a single +12 that has more than 42 amps and you may want like 850 to be safe for a oc and 1000 for sli.

you can run a graphics bechmark and see if it happens but if it has happened numerous times across many programs it will likely produce the same result.