Question computer shutting down, maybe my 2600x?

Sep 28, 2021
I recently rebuilt my pc with a 2600x that ive had for a few years now into a new case. recently ive had issues with my computer just black screening after a few hours of gaming. at first i had an issue where it would do it alot more frequent because i turned my memory from auto to the amount of mhz it holds ( i have 3000 mhz and 3200, i turned it to 2993) and it shut down on me ALOT. like 4-5 times a day. when i turned it back to auto it has it at 2100mhz and it doesnt shut down nearly as much but still does. i have a 2600x cpu, 750 w psu, corsair aio cooler 240mm , b450 mb, 32 gb of ram, 4 corsair fans. im just trying to narrow down the issue, maybe some people have had similar issues or some type of way of running a diagnostic, its hard for me to figure it out cause its not very frequent, usually if i play for about 3-4 hours consistant it does it once or twice after a few more hours, my cpu doesnt get above 55 degrees or so on high load, when it crashes i dont get a code but my mb throws a cpu code, the cpu and mb have been used for 4-5 years of consistant gaming so im wondering if its maybe just getting to its end? idk how long they last for

vladakv

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2016
Check the cables, go to the windows event and check errors. If you find critical ones, you could be in trouble.
This shut downs could cause broken or distorted caps on mobo.

Find another psu and check...

Sep 28, 2021
update, if this helps anyone, it black screened on me again mid game, and when it blacks out it throw cpu code and it freezes my leds and everyone, it black screens, but the computer will stay on

Sep 28, 2021
Are you running mixed two-stick RAM kits to give your 4 sticks?

If so, test stability for a day or two each with one (or the other) RAM kits alternately at only 2666 or 2933 MHz ....
i am running two ram sticks, honestly idek if i ever had this issue until i upgraded ram. ill try this for sure!