DreamssYT

Reputable
Jul 10, 2017
Hello! I recently bought a pre-built PC back in January and never had any problems until recently. As the title reads my PC shuts down when playing specific games. It isn't due to overheating (I've kept HWMonitor up while playing games and haven't noticed any temps over 70 celsius) It also takes me to the "shutting down" windows screen, it doesn't instantly turn off like a crash or anything. I noticed the game it does it constantly on is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 (I wanted to replay the campaign). After about 5 minutes of playing, it randomly does this. The problem I believe is the graphics drivers but I'm not sure why. I have tried DDU and reinstalling the drivers. The shut down does not happen after a fresh install of the drivers or sometimes I hit the reinstall driver option on Nvidia GeForce Experience and do not experience any shut downs after reinstalling the drivers. However, if I turn my PC off or restart it, the problem continues when I come back on for another session. I tried looking online but couldn't find a solution. Would really appreciate the help. Thank you!

Specs: RTX 3070
AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
16 GB RAM 3200Mhz
750W 80+ Gold PSU
MSI B550-A PRO

Ralston18

Titan
How old is that Corsair RM750? History of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even bit-mining?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that occur just before or at the times of the shutdowns.

Start with Reliability History. Much more user friendly and presents a time line format that can be very revealing.

Increasing numbers of errors and varying errors over time are an indication of of a faltering/failing PSU.

= = = =

Another thing you can do:

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Could be that something is just a bit loose and causing intermittent losses of power. Temperatures could be involved and causing expansion/contractions that affect component connections.

TRENDING THREADS