[SOLVED] Computer shutting down

Jan 12, 2019
So I have a big problem. This has been going on since January last year. The basic overview is that my computer is shutting down randomly during gaming. I can confirm that it is not heat as I have monitored temps continuously.

I decided to take my computer to my office. When gaming there it worked perfectly. So we decided to take it to the place of purchase called evetech. When there, they found nothing wrong. I decided to get a ups thinking it was brownouts but it still continues to shut down. I am thinking that the ups is not supplying enough watts and going into bypass mode. I do not have the money to get another ups and was thinking maybe I should get another psu because the one i have might be very sensitive.(its input range is 200-240 volts which is small compared to 100-240.)
Is it worth getting a new psu? What else can I do?

Extra information.
Pc components:
R9 390x
i7 6700k
16gb ddr4 3000mhz
Power supply: thermaltake smart SE 730W
When running on integrated graphics the pc does not crash.
Crashes are very random. Can happen 20 times a day or none.
No visible brownouts are seen like light flickering.

All help is appreciated!

Solution
Could be the power draw from your graphics card, still though I think you have some power issues in your home. It's not the power input range of the UPS, it is the output power capacity of the UPS that matters. See the link below and input all of your system components to see the actual wattage your PC draws. Maybe the UPS you tried is too small, but still you have some electrical issues in your home.

http://www.coolermaster.com/power-supply-calculator/

Dashman9000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Could be the power draw from your graphics card, still though I think you have some power issues in your home. It's not the power input range of the UPS, it is the output power capacity of the UPS that matters. See the link below and input all of your system components to see the actual wattage your PC draws. Maybe the UPS you tried is too small, but still you have some electrical issues in your home.

http://www.coolermaster.com/power-supply-calculator/

Solution

nikoskostantopoulow

Upstanding
Jan 3, 2019
Yeah.
My lights can go on and off from the drop of voltage in my house but my PC will stay on keep working and i don't even have a UPS.
Your PSU is good there is no reason to suspect it.
Even if you had a 20$ PSU it still wouldn't crash GPU and CPU throttle when PSU voltage drops.
What is it ?
Dunno.
Drivers ?
The devil ?
Who knows.