Question Computer shutting off during games/benchmark

May 25, 2019
Hello, I built a pc 2 days ago, it is built from new components except for CPU and graphics card, CPU is ryzen 5 1400 And Card is rx470 8gb(other components: psu 400w gigabyte, ram 8gb patriot viper 3200 ddr4, Motherboards Asus a320m-k, case silentiumpc regnum rg1w pure black. So everything seems to be fine, systems runs ok And then i downloaded bioshock infinite And tried to play it on medium settings, which should be more than ok for this system, and i played for a minute, then plugged the headphones, which opened the realtek settings And instantly shut down the PC. I thought it might have just been some weird coincidence, but when i fired up the game again it didnt even need plugging the headphones, it either suddenly dropped or when i alttabed, same thing happened. I ran a benchmark And it didnt go to the end, in the middle it dropped. It was a 3d mark sky diver, nothing crazy, tried Time Spy as well and it drops even faster. I noticed that graphics card might be dropping due to high temperatures, idle is 40(normal), but during benchmark, up to 90°, DAYZ went up to 86° just during exploring the world, So i updated amd driver to the latest one and also BIOS, added one more fan for better air Flow, still no good results. So what might be causing the problem, faulty graphics card, bad settings or something else? Thx for any help.

May 25, 2019
Could it cause the overheating as well? Ok, so then some higher quality 500w psu should do the job? :) thx for all replies, im glad that it is not a problem of graphics card most likely, because the psu still has full warranty so it shouldnt be problem to swap it for another

miknepa

Reputable
May 20, 2019
It's most certainly the PSU or cooling as stated above, but i dont know if youre fine with an 500w one if you want to do some Overclocking or maybe upgrade later. This could be due to the CPU or GPU's failsafe so check your maximum temps for your GPU and CPU.

It's most certainly the PSU or cooling as stated above, but i dont know if youre fine with an 500w one if you want to do some Overclocking or maybe upgrade later. This could be due to the CPU or GPU's failsafe so check your maximum temps for your GPU and CPU.
I think he can't do Overclocking because its an A320 motherboard - or am I wrong?
I agree with everyone above that it's probably a PSU issue - that's the first thing to change, and if that doesn't cure it, then look for something else.

I do not know about that, but in any case of upgrading or whatever I would not pick up an 500w, but everyone is on an different budget.
It is always about budget, and wattage of a PSU is different even if it states its more than it actually gives out, which is why you need qualty over quantity. If his PSU was a Seasonic 400W, it would easily handle his system, and wouldn't shut off because Quality is where its at.

May 25, 2019
Yes im on a low budget, Not really going to overclock so i guess the 500w should be alright
Which one would you pick:
There is an evga 500w w1
Corsair vs 450 or 550w?
Appreciate all the answers, ill try to contact the shop And try to swap it, great conmunity here ☺️