Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2018
I just bought an Alienware Aurora R7
Specs:
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz
8GB RAM

On startup, it takes a while(about 2 minutes) for the computer to chill out before I can open anything without it being super laggy. That might be normal, I don't know. I don't have anything opening on startup.

I play mostly Fortnite and League of Legends on this computer. League of Legends isn't as bad as Fortnite. Playing the game itself is perfectly fine. I get good ping and FPS.

The problem is mostly Fortnite. When I'm in a game, it only lags a bit in the beginning. But if I was to Alt+Tab out and try to open anything, might as well forget about it. It lags my entire computer and I'd be sitting there for 5 minutes waiting for it to open something as simple as my browser.

I'm not sure what the problem could be. Not super tech savvy so it would be awesome if someone could help me out.

Solution
That does sound off for a new PC, I'm not exactly the smartest person when it comes to computers but what I do know is ram handles a lot of the load a computer takes on when it comes to multitasking so its possible you might wanna get yourself another 8gb stick of ram, it SHOULD solve the problem as long as there isn't another issue altogether but getting that out of the way will help to eliminate 1 possible issue
Aug 20, 2018
That does sound off for a new PC, I'm not exactly the smartest person when it comes to computers but what I do know is ram handles a lot of the load a computer takes on when it comes to multitasking so its possible you might wanna get yourself another 8gb stick of ram, it SHOULD solve the problem as long as there isn't another issue altogether but getting that out of the way will help to eliminate 1 possible issue

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.