Computer slowing down when downloading files onto SSD

Dre___

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016
Problem is, Most of the time when downloading files onto my SSD it will make my entire computer go slower and sometimes even freeze for a few seconds. Basically makes the PC unusable for the entire time I'm either downloading a game or transferring files. I've watched task manager when downloading to the SSD and disk usage is always at 100% with the write speed jumping from 5 mb/s to ~300 periodically. It mostly hovers around 5 according to task manager.

This occurred even after a fresh install of windows. I've also checked for viruses and found no problems there. Only "solution" is that the problem doesn't occur when installing to one of my other HDD's. When installing to the HDD i get no freezes or lag.

I have 230GB free on my SSD and I've read that a full SSD can slow down a PC but since mine isn't really full I've crossed out that as being the problem. Only thing I can think of after reading up is that it could be a memory leak? But I have no clue on how to check for that and I'm not sure if that could be the problem since my SSD is pretty new. (2 months old)

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen R5 2600x
GPU: ROG Strix Vega 56
MB: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
SSD: 500 GB HP SSD S700 500GB
HDD: WD Blue 3TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive
Seagate 1TB Desktop HDD