Question Computer slowly shutting down after exiting BIOS ?

Mar 5, 2023
My computer randomly had both of my monitors go black and about 10 seconds later the system powered off, I turned it back on and it kept doing the same thing so I had shut it down and entered BIOS where it had no problems whatsoever staying and BIOS did not show any voltage problems or boot problems. After I had exited BIOS and trying to launch on my secondary drive it was having the same issue so I removed the cmos <battery> and let it sit out for 20 minutes before trying again to no avail.

I wiped my drives thinking maybe I had a virus or something akin to it but that didn’t work either. So far I’ve tried:

• removing cmos <battery>
  • resetting BIOS to default
  • changing boot drive
  • launching with only 1 stick of ram in primary slot (both sticks tried)
  • launching with my M.2 SSD taken out and my HDD still in
  • launching with my HDD out and my M.2 SSD in
  • removing my gpu
  • resitting every component
  • applying fresh thermal paste
  • redoing all of the mobo wiring

Nothing thus far has worked and now I can’t even launch into the new version of windows I installed.

TLDR: Computer slowly powers off when in anything else besides windows safe mode and BIOS, almost everything tried besides using different parts.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
Please include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? How are you cooling the processor in your build?

Mar 5, 2023
CPU: Intel I5-9600k
Motherboard: Gigabyte z390 UD
Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 (Two 8 gigabyte sticks)
SSD/HDD: SABRENT Rocket 1tb M.2 SSD, Samsung 1tb HDD
GPU: Zotac Geforce GTX 1080 TI Mini
PSU: Thermaltake Smart 700W 80+ White (2 Years old)
Chassis: I do not know the exact model other than that it is a cheaper ATX case.
Monitor: Dell 164 Hertz 24 Inch Monitor

My BIOS is UEFI version F10, my cpu is being cooled with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO.

Last edited: