Question Computer slows down every few weeks for no reason?

Mar 29, 2020
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
Summit Ridge 14nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB
Motherboard
Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. B350 PC MATE (MS-7A34) (AM4)
%1 Chipset
Graphics
SE2717H/HX (1920x1080@60Hz)
HP S2031 (1600x900@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (EVGA) 54 °C
Storage
232GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 250GB (SATA (SSD)) 37 °C

It happens without warning, and it disappears without a trace, it's the weirdest thing and everytime it happens I can never figure it out, it's just as if my entire pc is slowed down, but i've checked for virus', i've checked my hardware, i've updated drivers, etc. and then within a few days my pc is back to normal, i'm at my wits end because whenever it happens it is the most annoying thing! any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks all.

FIrst step would be to see if clock speeds appear normal (3.x GHz under load if not OC'd) during the sluggish phases, and that temps are normal, and not forcing downclocking under load....

If you have a different SSD to reinstall to fresh, that would eliminate any glitched OS/driver/botched application, and any chance of a faulty SSD if all was well afterward.... (you could retest original SSD at your leisure afterwards)

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2020
FIrst step would be to see if clock speeds appear normal (3.x GHz under load if not OC'd) during the sluggish phases, and that temps are normal, and not forcing downclocking under load....

If you have a different SSD to reinstall to fresh, that would eliminate any glitched OS/driver/botched application, and any chance of a faulty SSD if all was well afterward.... (you could retest original SSD at your leisure afterwards)

Hi, i checked the clock speeds and it appears my cpu is clocking in at .54 ghz?? im not sure how to fix this.