Computer Slows down then Blue screens

Retro_

Reputable
Apr 2, 2017
Hi, So recently my gpu fried and stopped working so I took it out and am running a Intel HD 4600 onboard graphics. Besides the point recently ever since then my computer would launch at it would be fast as it is suppose to be but then after watching some videos and opening multiple tabs it would start to lag out and get really slow and if I kept like trying to switch tabs and play videos it would lead to a blue screen that doesnt create a dump file eve though I configured it to do so.

I did a full 2 hour test on my HDD and it passed so im confused as to what the problem is and why it slows down and then blue screens as I am looking to buy a GTX 1080 to replace my old graphics card I am worried that it will keep bluescreening etc.

My Specs:

CPU: Intel I7 4790K

GPU: Intel HD 4600 (was a GTX 960)

PSU: EVGA Supernova 750w 80+ B1

MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 HD3

RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB DDR3

HDD: Western Digital 1TB

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Solution
The PSU is OK.
But the cpu temp is too high, because it is in 91C right, the idle temp should be around mid 30C something like that. You should try reseat the cooler, and also like I said before check the cpu socket to see any bent pin(s) or not.

Retro_

Reputable
Apr 2, 2017

The problem with that is im not getting any minidump files, ive configured it to and still get no minidumps or regular dumps. Yea im worried about that cause I dont want to plug my 1080 in and it just not work you know.

You can do something like
1) Test the RAM one by one with MemTest86 http://www.memtest86.com/download.htm You can only run few passes, like two or three, as long as the PC will not shut down or BSOD. You want to see they are error free, even they have single error, the RAM has problem.
2) Using the HD tune to check the HDD S.M.A.R.T. to see the HDD is OK or not even you did test it before. http://www.hdtune.com/ You want to see the " Reallocated Sectors Count" is good.
3) Boot into the BIOS, in the hardware monitor section, check the +3.3V, +5V, and +12V voltage, you want to see those voltages will be within +/- 5%, if they are the PSU is fine, otherwise the PSU has problem.
4) May take out the cpu to check it out, make sure there is no burn mark or bent pin.
5) If you still can't figure out where the problem is from, may go yo local PC, let they test the CPU or MB for you.

Retro_

Reputable
Apr 2, 2017

https://gyazo.com/1305a6ebae17dd666d837f8d375d4fb8

Is my PSU ok?

One thing I noticed is my CPU temps which are extremely high, I reseatted the Intel Stock cooler (its a bad cooler i know) and the temps still remained the same, right now when I am just doing casual things its at around 50 but when i did the prime95 torture test it ran at 100 and I was wondering if that could be a reason for the bluescreens, since I tested my harddrive with that program and it say the condition was: ok and ive tested it with WDDIAG and it was fine the only thing I havent run yet is memtest86.

The PSU is OK.
But the cpu temp is too high, because it is in 91C right, the idle temp should be around mid 30C something like that. You should try reseat the cooler, and also like I said before check the cpu socket to see any bent pin(s) or not.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS