Evga gtx 770 sc /w acx cooler
XFX Pro Black Edition 750W
SSD Samsung 256GB Pro
Kingston HyperX Beast 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 KHX16C9T3K2/8X
CoolerMaster Hyper 412 Slim
Dell UltraSharp U2312HM
NZXT PHANTOM 410

Windows 10 pro 64bit

I have this system since summer 2013. 2 years ago i start noticing that sometimes pc wont boot. I thought maybe there was a problem on the start button on pc case and i didnt pay more attention.. The problem ratio was like 1 on 20 boots..

12-6 months ago the problem was bigger. 1 on 10 boots..

But now the problem is huge. The last days the ratio is like 1 on 2 boots! Also i used to close/open the psu 2-10 times till the pc finally boot, but now it takes more!! So i unplug pc for 20+ minutes and the i try again!! Now i am afraid to close it!!

The problem is not only when i cold boot, but when i warm boot also.. Today i closed the computer, i tried to boot it intermediately after, no success.

I tried the PSU paper clip test and i works ( when its on normal mode, not on hybrid ). Also i should note here that i had hybrid mode all these 4 years enabled for lower consumption and maybe less PSU wearing down . Today i switched back to normal mode!

I did a clear cmos from jumper today ( first time i failed cause i didnt read the mobo manual, glad i didnt break the mobo!! ) The only change i did after on bios is that i put <AI OVERCLOCK TUNER> from auto to XMP. I had it on AUTO all these 4 years..

I dont know if the problem still exists, but i wont close pc!!

Also sometimes the screen goes black ( like it switches off ) for a second.. Dont know if this info can help.. This started 2,3 months ago.

Maybe there is a short in the system? I am asking this cause sometimes when i press the power on button and i kick the case ( :p ) the system is booting.. Dont understand..

I Rechecked all the cables..

Some other notes : I have pc connected with tv through hdmi, my psu has a coil whine, i have also 2 HDDs, today i removed from mobo the +/- p led and Hdd led ( i connected them 40 days ago.. maybe this worsen the situation? ), i have also connected the following : mouse, keyboard, speakers, headphones, 1 HDD, A HP scanner fax machine. The light on START and RESET buttons on motherboard is on.

This is a video showing my problem. Its not me. I also read a lot boot problems with this motherboard..

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiUaPt-2504"][/video]

Maybe this problem is connecting somehow?

lazostat

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2013
I guess this is a hard situation so no any advises? Today i was brave enough to turn of the comptuer! When i tried to power on, i press once nothing, two nothing and after 5 seconds it turned on by itself/.. Dont know if this can help..