Feb 28, 2018
I have this setup:

ASUS B350-M TUF gaming
2 x CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 - 16gb RAM
Ryzen 5 2400G
SSD - hdd
Win 10 Pro

It works normally, but about twice a month it does this:

I leave it on, go for coffee etc., and when I come back the screen is blank. Nothing helps. Reset button does nothing, power button does nothing, I have to switch it off using the PSU switch.

Or...

I come back home, turn it on and it remains blank. After I switch it off again it works.

This happens rarely, but it is annoying. Windows logs reveal nothing. It only says that it was rebooted unexpectedly, but nothing more.

I built this computer about 18 months ago, never had an issue. Then about 6 months ago I switched the PSU (old one was whining) and RAM (gave my old RAM to my friend and put these in).

Again it worked fine for about 3-4 months, then this started.

PSU should be good, Corsair RM650x, with 10 year warranty.

I have no idea where to start looking for the reason, as the logs reveal nothing and it does it so rarely. What do you suggest?

Thank you.

hnn

Commendable
Feb 28, 2018
I am running it at 3000 it seems, using one of those ready made profiles on BIOS.

I forgot to mention that I once tested them with memtest, I let it run a few hours. No errors.

I can change them to lesser speed and see what happens. It is just somewhat annoying that it could take days or weeks before it does it again, one of those errors that happen rarely.

If it would be PSU, I suppose it would manifest itself more frequently than that?

hnn

Commendable
Feb 28, 2018
OK, lowering it to 2666 or 2133 didn't help, it still does that.

The infuriating thing is that it only does it once in every 2 weeks or so, if I try to RMA some part(s), they will test it for 2 days and say there's nothing wrong. So locating the error and fixing it could be tedious.

It happens like this every time now: The computer is running, suddenly the screen goes black (no signal) and nothing works. I can't even reset the computer, no button works. I need to switch it off from PSU.

This started to happen shortly after I bought this Corsair rm650x a few months ago, but I suppose I could rule it out because:

• It only happens once in every 2-3 weeks, one would assume a faulty PSU would do it more often?
  • It started to happen about 4-5 weeks after I started using it, not at once.
Or.... ?

Also I have installed a wireless LAN card to PCI-E x1 slot. Can it do something like that?

Last edited: