[SOLVED] Computer sometimes not booting up, fans keep on spinning but no display or usb power

Oct 3, 2021
The computer would sometimes not start again after restarting or after putting it to sleep - it would spin all the fans and flash all the lights. It doesn’t even let me go to bios screen – and there is no power to usb devices like mouse and keyboard. Usually when that happens I just unplug it and reconnect it after a few seconds and then it would turn on normally, but sometimes unplugging and re-plugging the power to the PSU doesn't help. I tried to resetting cmos, changing ram slot, power drain – nothing worked, what worked for me was cleaning the ram and their slots. After computer turned on I guessed this might be due to corrupted bios also, so I flashed bios with a newer version. But I fear this might occur again. It’s very hard to figure out as the problem is very intermittent. Any help on what to do next would be great as I feel pointless looking for a fix.
System specs:
Asus prime x470 pro
Ryzen 5 2600
Zotac gtx 1060 6gb
Corsair vengeance 16gb ddr4 3000mhz (single ram)
Antec NeoEco 650M 80 Plus Bronze
Western digital 1tb hdd
Segate 1tb hdd

Solution
The computer would sometimes not start again after restarting or after putting it to sleep - it would spin all the fans and flash all the lights. It doesn’t even let me go to bios screen – and there is no power to usb devices like mouse and keyboard. Usually when that happens I just unplug it and reconnect it after a few seconds and then it would turn on normally, but sometimes unplugging and re-plugging the power to the PSU doesn't help. I tried to resetting cmos, changing ram slot, power drain – nothing worked, what worked for me was cleaning the ram and their slots. After computer turned on I guessed this might be due to corrupted bios also, so I flashed bios with a newer version. But I fear this might occur again. It’s very hard...
The computer would sometimes not start again after restarting or after putting it to sleep - it would spin all the fans and flash all the lights. It doesn’t even let me go to bios screen – and there is no power to usb devices like mouse and keyboard. Usually when that happens I just unplug it and reconnect it after a few seconds and then it would turn on normally, but sometimes unplugging and re-plugging the power to the PSU doesn't help. I tried to resetting cmos, changing ram slot, power drain – nothing worked, what worked for me was cleaning the ram and their slots. After computer turned on I guessed this might be due to corrupted bios also, so I flashed bios with a newer version. But I fear this might occur again. It’s very hard to figure out as the problem is very intermittent. Any help on what to do next would be great as I feel pointless looking for a fix.
System specs:
Asus prime x470 pro
Ryzen 5 2600
Zotac gtx 1060 6gb
Corsair vengeance 16gb ddr4 3000mhz (single ram)
Antec NeoEco 650M 80 Plus Bronze
Western digital 1tb hdd
Segate 1tb hdd
try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios (again if you did). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot, go to power plan and choose amd ryzen balanced, and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and/or 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update). Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling (available on the latest win 10 update) in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Solution
Oct 3, 2021
try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios (again if you did). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot, go to power plan and choose amd ryzen balanced, and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and/or 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update). Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling (available on the latest win 10 update) in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png
Thanks! Will do the steps.