[SOLVED] Computer sometimes partially powered on, randomly powers on/off

Jul 28, 2020
I put together my first computer a few months ago and it was running fine for a little while. Then, it started to act up either only partially power on sometimes, or if it does power on properly, it randomly powers off (still partially on as the RGB lighting of the RAM sticks remain on) and sometimes on again. Sometimes it happens multiple times a day and sometimes it runs smoothly for a week or two.

It's been like this for a while now and I'm not sure what the problem is. I replaced the old PSU with a new one today but the issue still remains.

This is my current setup.

This is what the computer looks like when it's partially on.

Any advice on what the issue is would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks every one!

Solution
After unplugging the NZXT Smart Device V2 from the PSU via the SATA, it started working again so I deduced that the issue was there. I swapped out the SATA cable that came with my NZXT case with the SATA cable provided by the NZXT PSU and everything's fine at the moment.

Hopefully, this little debacle helps someone in the future.
Jul 28, 2020
After unplugging the NZXT Smart Device V2 from the PSU via the SATA, it started working again so I deduced that the issue was there. I swapped out the SATA cable that came with my NZXT case with the SATA cable provided by the NZXT PSU and everything's fine at the moment.

Hopefully, this little debacle helps someone in the future.

Solution